Friday, October 4, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie




Original recipe comes from Civilized Caveman and of course, I have to do my own things to make it more ME!

Here's how I did it ...

1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 cup apple juice (I used cider, it's what I had)
1/2 frozen banana (I used a whole banana, will do half next time)
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp hemp heart seeds (these are so tasty and loaded with something healthy, I just know it and impart a nutty flavor)
1/2 cup (more or less) ice
small handful of pecans or walnuts, chopped, for garnish if desired.





Toss all (except walnuts/pecans) in blender and let it rip til smooth.

Pour in glass and garnish with pecans/walnuts. I didn't have the nuts, so used more hemp seeds and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice ... hit the spot for me!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment