Sunday, October 20, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Smoothie ... a Suitable Fix for a Sweet Tooth



This is a fairly simple recipe and I did have all the ingredients on hand, even the DATE. How on earth is that possible? Ummm, ALDI, baby. Must have had a recipe (this one even?) that needed, I must have spotted them at ALDI dirt cheap (of course) and picked up a bag. Trust me, I was thinking I would need to add something else to sweeten it up.

Here's how I made it ...

1 cup almond milk (I use plain, unsweetened)
1 frozen banana
1 date, pitted and cut in half
1 tbs of almond butter
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp of cinnamon plus more for sprinkling top


This is the almond milk that I've been picking up from Whole Foods lately ... it's $3.99 for that bottle and it's ONLY almond milk. I'm ok with the price then.

Toss everything in the blender and let it rip.  Mine made a funky noise and I think because I had a pit fragment. That's ok, the trusty Vitamix killed it, pulverized it in to non-existence.

Pour into serving glass and sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment