Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Day Two Paleo Eats

I've played with Paleo Style Chow for several years now, but have never fully dedicated myself to eating 100% , even 80% since I like my beer and booze ...

BUT ... I've got some serious inflammation issues going on and now that I'm hitting 51 (and 3 months!), I notice other things going on ... weight gain, fluffy stuff in the mid section, not sleeping as well, borderline personality disorder (completely irrational behavior and then happy happy minutes later!) and NOW ... digestive issues. Ugh. Really?? TMI, I'm sure, BUT I really want to give this a try and see if it really is all that and more, you know?

So here you have it .. my Paleo Eats Journal ... Day 2 ...

Breakfast - I woke up tired as hell at 6am ... Hubby was flying out so I forced myself up ... coffee was first up with a light sugar and half and half. Sauteed an apple & chicken sausage with some sauteed green beans for breakfast. Low on eggs so will need to get some this evening. The green beans at breakfast were pretty tasty and I was wishing for more!


Lunch - leftover chicken breast (again) and more sauteed green beans.


Mid Afternoon - banana and apple. Oh. And 2 pieces of chocolate. WTF

Dinner - got home late and was starving. Reheated the last leftover pork chop and sautéed the rest of the green beans (which made a lot) which were delicious. Unfortunately, one of the kids made pizza and I ate a small piece. Doesn't matter that it was small, what matters is that saying NO to food is just not normal for me.


End of Day Thoughts: Laziness is going to be a problem. I didn't feel like doing anything this evening and was glad to have leftovers still although the kids were hoping for tacos this evening.  I really enjoyed the green beans sauteed in a little ghee, dehydrated onions and a little bit of the oil from the seasoned oil my girlfriend gave us a few weeks ago. Sad that I ate a piece of pizza that was sitting there after I ate MY dinner.

Notes: I must have overextended my hip or something while walking last night as my hip and upper thigh aches. Really.  I also realized that I didn't have a whole lot of veggies yesterday. Poor planning on my part and because of the boil water alert (this is day 3 of same) I didn't get around to cleaning the romaine lettuce ... wish I had thought of the green beans earlier!

Exercise: Uhm, if you count walking forever in the mall then ok, there was 'some' activity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment