Monday, August 10, 2015

Day One Paleo Eats

I've played with Paleo Style Chow for several years now, but have never fully dedicated myself to eating 100% , even 80% since I like my beer and booze ...

BUT ... I've got some serious inflammation issues going on and now that I'm hitting 51 (and 3 months!), I notice other things going on ... weight gain, fluffy stuff in the mid section, not sleeping as well, borderline personality disorder (completely irrational behavior and then happy happy minutes later!) and NOW ... digestive issues. Ugh. Really?? TMI, I'm sure, BUT I really want to give this a try and see if it really is all that and more, you know?

So here you have it .. my Paleo Eats Journal ... Day 1 ...

Breakfast - 1 scoop of pea protein and 8 oz of almond milk. I use this almond milk which is cleaner than most and the pea protein powder is gluten/soy/dairy/grain free ...even states "paleo approved" on the back. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of protein powder and the last chug had me gagging a little ::shudder:: may have to go the smoothie route with this in the future. I also had a small banana and a pink lady apple which was super juicy and yummy!  I did have my 2 cups of coffee with very minimal sugar and half and half. Tomorrow is another day to try and kick either the sugar or the dairy in the coffee.


Lunch - Balsamic marinated chicken leftover from the other night. Also tossed in a half avocado. Wished I had prepped my salad sooner as we are under a boil water alert and I didn't feel like wasting bottled water to clean my romaine lettuce. Chugged 12 ounces of water.

Mid day - for whatever reason, I grabbed a few Hershey Nuggets from the candy bowl in the front office and ate them without even thinking. Crap!

Dinner - leftover boneless pork chops that were marinated in mojo and cooked Sunday night. Ate the other half of the avocado and used some grain free, dairy free ranch dressing for dipping sauce. Drank almost 32 ounces of water.

End of the day thoughts - not so hard to do ... Days 1 and 2 are typically easiest when you are making food changes. The best thing to do is focus on what you CAN eat, not what you can't....positive thoughts all around!  Amazing though what habit snacking is ... those 2 little pieces of candy were not even "thought out" but just picked up and eaten.  Same with the beer from the garage fridge when I get home from work. So easy to just open the fridge and crack open a beer to relax.

Note: I have a problem with drinking enough water through out the day. I make a concientious effort to drink it but most times, a glass will sit there and not be touched. When I get really thirsty I realize THEN that I'm dehydrated!  This 'could' be part of the issue I have with being constipated and bloated also?

Exercise - did a 3 mile walk. Would have put more in but half way through it started to rain and I was worried about the iPhone 6 getting really wet so I turned around. It was a decent walk, -considering it's been quite a while since I've logged 3 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment