Thursday, August 13, 2015

Day 4 Paleo Eats

I've played with Paleo Style Chow for several years now, but have never fully dedicated myself to eating 100% , even 80% since I like my beer and booze ...

BUT ... I've got some serious inflammation issues going on and now that I'm hitting 51 (and 3 months!), I notice other things going on ... weight gain, fluffy stuff in the mid section, not sleeping as well, borderline personality disorder (completely irrational behavior and then happy happy minutes later!) and NOW ... digestive issues. Ugh. Really?? TMI, I'm sure, BUT I really want to give this a try and see if it really is all that and more, you know?

So here you have it .. my Paleo Eats Journal ... Day 4 ...

Breakfast - 4 slices of bacon, 3 eggs scrambled AND the green beans. I'm really enjoying the green beans and need to get more from Costco!


Lunch - out of chicken! Ended up throwing a few (5) slices of ham in snapware container, added some shredded cabbage and then took a small container of the dairy free, ranch free dressing to use for dipping.

This is NOT what I really had but a stock pic I have from before! There was nothing glamorous about this lunch today.

Dinner - Tacos per one of the kids request. I skipped the cheese but could not say NO to the tortilla chips and guacamole OR the 2 beers.


Thoughts for the day - hmmm...again, no where near enough water today. AND I should know my triggers (salty, crunchy stuff). I am seriously wonder (after 4 whole days!) if dehydration is what makes me crave an ice cold beer? I should really be showing way more restraint in that area. Maybe I should change the topic to "Transitioning to Paleo"?  Lunch? Highly unsatisfying today. BUT I said no to the candy bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment