Monday, August 17, 2015

Paleo Eats - Days 5 to 8

I've played with Paleo Style Chow for several years now, but have never fully dedicated myself to eating 100% , even 80% since I like my beer and booze ...

BUT ... I've got some serious inflammation issues going on and now that I'm hitting 51 (and 3 months!), I notice other things going on ... weight gain, fluffy stuff in the mid section, not sleeping as well, borderline personality disorder (completely irrational behavior and then happy happy minutes later!) and NOW ... digestive issues. Ugh. Really?? TMI, I'm sure, BUT I really want to give this a try and see if it really is all that and more, you know?



So here you have it .. my Paleo Eats Journal ... Days 5 to 8 ...

Friday was, well Friday, Day 5:

Breakfast - green apple and coffee ... because lunch was going to be out

Lunch - chicken salad at a great little cafe down the street from the office with a few glasses of lemon water ... delicious

Dinner - snacky dinner for all but me. I had half of an avocado some nuts and raisins and ... 2 vodka drinks which led to cheese and crackers. Oops.

Notes:  I knew it was going to be an off day from the minute I opened my eyes. I thought I was prepared for the evening but was not. 

Saturday - Day 6

Breakfast - bacon, eggs and diced cucumber

Lunch - ham rolled up and dipped in some grain/dairy free dressing

Dinner - chicken thighs ... along with 2 gluten free beers AND 2 margaritas from scratch. Ugh. 

Notes:  I knew that the booze was going to be a problem and it's proven true.

Sunday - Day 7 

Breakfast - eggs, bacon and diced cucumbers



Lunch - small plate of fresh tomatoes, cheddar cheese and nacho chips ... 

Dinner - pretty much skipped dinner. Did have a few chocolate covered dried fruits and LOTS of water ... 

Notes: Uhm, not that I was hung over but certainly didn't have any desire to eat a lot. I did menu plan and a little food prep was done, but nothing like I had planned

Monday - Day 8

Breakfast - scrambled eggs, apple/chicken sausage and diced cucumbers

Lunch- tuna salad with avocado and diced tomatoe lettuce cups


Dinner - balsamic chicken breast, sauteed green beans and a cucumber/tomato salad


Notes: Good to be back on track and feel good about it! I actually walked away, several times, from these little cream cheese muffins that a vendor dropped off at the office. Everyone else was inhaling them and I flat out said NO THANK YOU ... which got me a few cheers as some of the boys know that I'm trying to stay focused ;-)

I am honestly excited to see what tomorrow brings with my plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment