Saturday, May 25, 2013

Thai Style Shrimp Salad


If you swap out the soy sauce for the coconut aminos, you've got yourself a damn good Thai Style Shrimp Salad that will make you feel good about eating!



Original recipe found on Pinterest (of course) and slightly modified for our taste.

I knew the minute I added the diced avocado and mango that Hubby wasn't going to be in love with it, but Princess and I devoured it, therefore, a HIT and keeper for us, but only for the girls ...



Easy enough to do, and surprisingly, I pretty much eyeballed the dressing measurements as I was chatting with Princess while I made it and we were laughing ... a very fun moment was had between the two of us. Can I tell you what a relief it is that she grew into a fine young lady after those rough years we had? Makes me love her even more than I already do ...

Ok, back to the recipe ...

1 bag of coleslaw mix ... the one with carrots and such in it
1 lb of cooked shrimp, if larger, cut in half or bite size (I think next time I'll rough chop them), remove them pesky tails
1 avocado, diced
1 mango, diced
6 radishes, sliced thin and cut in half
2 green onions, sliced thin
1/4 cup of sliced almonds
for the dressing you will need:
3 tbs coconut aminos
2 tbs rice wine vinegar
juice from 1 lime
2 tbs honey
2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce (I used the chili paste I have on hand and definitely wanted more)
1 fresh ginger, minced (I used the ginger paste I have and could have used more)
1/2 cup olive oil

First up, mix up your dressing by adding everything in a bowl and whisk in the oil. Alternatively, just dump all in a jar with tight fitting lid and shake it like you mean it.  Set aside.

Toss the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine all.

Refrigerate for about an hour and then dish it up. I had this for lunch the next day and it was DELICIOUS.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment