Monday, May 27, 2013

Coming to Terms

I realized that I started this blog a year ago ... and how GOOD I was starting to feel ... the pain in my hands was greatly diminished, my body felt good, I FELT GOOD and I was even thinning down ever so slightly.

Then life kicked in, I got busy, I started eating 'other' foods. Hubby kept trying to reinforce the WHOLE GRAIN is better for you, not understanding the link I felt it had with the inflammation I had in my hands and other parts of the body. He tried. He really did. And still does.

And of course, add in the beers, margaritas, wine and well, all hell broke loose on the body!

I gained weight. Well, not really weight, but bloated real bad. Back to stomach gurgles and constipation (TMI? Sorry, just being honest). Horrible PMS and moodiness in general.

My hands really started giving me grief. Ummm, to the point where I thought about going back to the rheumatologist. Then I thought about an herbal doctor. Then acupuncture.

Obviously, a lot of stuff has been going through my mind. And I said, hell, a year ago I was so happy to have discovered something that just MIGHT work for me instead of popping pills that made me toss my cookies.

All it takes is will power. To just say NO to certain foods.  Why is THAT so hard?

So I'm standing up and saying NO MORE. I want to feel good again. I want to be able to open something in one try instead of working my hand around the lid to find a good feel/grip. I want to feel energy instead of this sluggish crap.

Not to mention, I'm 49 now. And, well, I 'think' Mother Nature is ready to start playing games with my body in other ways ... and I want to be ready to take her on!

So here we go, round TWO. Memorial Day is out of the way and the leftovers aren't too bad ... so WE can do this. Yes, I'm dragging him along for the ride, best I can ... I'm following along that 80% is good enough and that is what I will strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment