Friday, May 29, 2015

Ranch Dressing - Grain and Dairy Free






Ranch dressing is just about the only thing that I can REALLY miss when I'm doing grain and dairy free. I mean, heck, it's the perfect dipping sauce for just about anything. Toss i a pool party or bbq and I'm going to go ahead and grab a commercial bottle of crap from the fridge. So I was pretty excited to try this recipe!

It's easy ... but I also had my mayo made already that morning in anticipation of HUBBY needing some for his shrimp pasta salad ...


1/2 cup mayo (do me a favor, if going for TRUE dairy free, make your own)
2 to 3 tbs coconut milk (canned)
1 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp minced garlic (are you prepping your garlic in mass quantities yet?)
black pepper
squeeze of lemon juice


Mix all well together in bowl, cover and refrigerate for an hour, minimum. 


Serve up!

*Note ... dill is a very strong herb and the past few times I've made this, I've reduced the amount by half, sometimes adding a dash more. It's all a matter of taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment