Saturday, May 30, 2015

Light Lemon Salad Dressing

I generally use a balsamic and olive oil based dressing on my salads, but some days, I just want something a little lighter ...


Enter in to the wonderful world of LEMONS ...

Of course, this could have something to do with that lemons from Costco that is starting to take a turn and I'm trying to avoid having to toss them so I've been using them up for EVERYTHING! .... and this here recipe takes TWO lemons so that makes me pretty happy!

Here's what you need to add a little ray of sunshine to your salads ...

juice from 2 lemons (about 1/4 cup or so ... Costco lemons are HUGE and I got about 1/3 of a cup of juice from 2)
1/2 cup of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Ready?

Dump the juice in to your glass canning jar or any other glass container with a lid.  Add the olive oil, whisk that baby up.


Add salt and pepper to taste. I added more salt that I thought I would need as it really made the lemon flavor jump out!

Lightly dress your salad with the dressing. You don't want it swimming ::this is a side note to Hubby who likes his stuff to swim in dressing:: but rather, lightly coated.  Taste delicious on light, delicate baby greens ;-)

Put the leftover dressing in the fridge and give it a good stir or shake before using.

Enjoy!

*Tessa Mae's makes a great Lemon and Garlic Dressing that I am going to try to duplicate soon ... that stuff is a little too thin for my taste and cost $4.99 for a small bottle ...

No comments:

Post a Comment