Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pumpkin Pancakes (Grain/Dairy Free)

The original recipe is from the Practical Paleo cookbook.


I've been picking up the pumpkin at ALDIS because it's 99 cents a can and it's all pumpkin ...



I'm not a huge pumpkin fan but these were actually pretty tasty and I make them fairly frequently ...

Here's how I did it ... if you want the real recipe, you will have to buy the book which was well worth the money.

3 eggs, lightly whisked, I used 3 because mine are extra large Costco size eggs :)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs maple syrup
1 pinch of nutmeg
1 pinch of ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tbs melted butter

Ready?

Whisk eggs so they are broken down and add in pumpkin, vanilla and syrup. Whisk til mixed well and add in dry ingredients along with melted butter, whisk til all incorporated



Grease a skillet and heat over medium heat. Scoop mix out using 1/4 cup measure and allow to cook til a few bubbles appear on surface, flip and continue cooking til done, just like regular pancakes.

Serve with a dab of butter and some sliced bananas on the side. Or just overwhelm the plate with bananas :)



This was good. Hubby most likely will think it's too egg-ish but I like it. I think Sonny Boy will like too since he's gotten into the more healthier eating too (requested I get more coconut oil and almond butter for him)

My first time making these, I had a few issues ... started out with the teflon griddle and a little butter ...




I switched out to my super cool non stick pan with LOTS of butter for round 2 which is how I got 4 PERFECT cakes ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment