Sunday, November 3, 2013

Daylight Savings = Lifestyle Changes

Hope everyone remembered to turn your clocks back ... we forgot! So its 8:20am and I keep thinking its 9:20, so this is going to be one LONG Sunday.

I've put myself on the scale this morning.

Looked at myself, butt naked, in the mirror.

Squeezed my hands and barely got the wedding ring off as they were so swollen.

A day on the boat, a restless night of sleeping and a slice of pizza for breakfast to take the beer haze away.

Time to buckle up and get moving back to some healthier choices.

Seriously.

I've done 40% maybe of conscientious GOOD eating. But you know what happens when you only do 40% GOOD FAT and 60% BAD CARBS and sugar? Weight gain, first and foremost. And then that sluggy, old lady feeling. Yikes! Yes, I AM 49 but I damn well don't think I'm supposed to feel 80, all creaky and achy.

Hubby heads out of town on Tuesday for a whole 8 days. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow? Monday ... or better yet, today, RIGHT NOW??

I"m going to flip the leftover pizza the bird (and scold my tummy for being consoled by that piece I already ate) and focus on the HEALTHY food I have in the fridge. I'm going to stop at the produce store on my way back from my dads and load up on produce ... and then I'm going to precook some good protein.

Yes, I'm resetting my eating habits.

It's about dam time!  Look for updates and hopefully a few new recipes to maybe get you motivated too ...

No comments:

Post a Comment